Thursday, March 10, 2011

Continuity's Relevance to Success

The last few weeks have been indescribable. In what sense of the word, I still don't know.
I've had to make some huge decisions to come out of a rough spot. By huge decisions, I mean moving 1500 miles west from Dallas, back to good ol' Los Angeles within a few days notice. Spontaneous, I am. Prepared? Maybe. Either way, it had to be done. Times like these I realize my dreams are as close as I want them to be, and that anything is possible with the right ambitions and people by your side. I have set out on a new journey in seek of an end that might change as many times as it has in the past...but I'm cool with it. Life is always changing and if you are a stickler for consistency, sorry to break it to you, but you will get no where.

I used to be a control freak of sorts, manic in the sense that I always had to know everything. What would happen at 2:00 pm, what would happen a week from now, what I would wear when I would go to that certain place at that certain time. For the sake of my own sanity, I abandoned that way of life the first time I spontaneously moved to California. Unwillingly it left me, reminders hang around when others make plans for me, but I've learned to "just go with it." Life is more enjoyable that way, and it's the only way I've found progress to take hold.

You might find a way to progress forward as quickly as possible without losing control; but remember to breath, and always stop to appreciate the beauty around you.
There will be a story from my little road trip in my next blog post. In the meantime, here's a drawing I did right before I left Dallas. He represents both life and death, and the grotesque beauty found in both, which is a common archetype in my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment