Sunday, January 2, 2011

This is a New Year. *complete with zombies*

First and foremost, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I have had plenty of time to think about the makings of this blog as you can see from the timestamp of my last posting. After having several, upon many, revelations I have 'lightbulbed' that this journal will also be a personal blog of sorts.
The internet has become a wonderful place for me to connect and interact with other artists and industry people, and while my perspective of the world is constantly evolving with the influence of these people, I will share new things with you; whether they be personal thoughts or new works of mine.

I forsee 2011 being a big year for us all. As miniscule as I believe the importance of human existence to be relative to our planet, I still selfishly enjoy every passing day. I hope that this year we all make leaps and bounds towards becoming a better people as a whole, and I encourage everyone to try and be a bit more kind and ruthless. Though these may sound to be an oxymoron, they are not. We must appreciate life in all its forms, things and people around us, while being ruthless in our step towards being successful, conscious, and aware.

Now that all of that is out of the way... how about some ZOMBIES!!?!?!!!!

I was recently challenged to compose a self-portrait. I haven't done a self-portrait in a REALLY long time.
Ready for the apocolypse or not, if it is at the hands of humans, youbetcherass there will be a zombie outbreak somewhere. AMC's recent tv show The Walking Dead showcased zombies in a new light, seemingly, as former people. Wives, children, neighbors, people you know, will turn in to zombies if the aren't already.
Full Prismacolor Colored Pencil, this drawing is of myself as a zombie. Friends and foes alike, I hope you remember me this way and not dressed as Old Greg or asleep with my thumb in my mouth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment